View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
And - lastly - I was not able to convert the album to files such that it could be viewed here, so I will provide a link to the GM website where it is covered.

This photo album was produced in 1945. It documents an open house held at the GM Milford Proving Ground celebrating the war's end and GM's efforts. You will see tanks and other ordinance being tested and on display at the MPG.

This album was in the possession of CityDesk, who provided it to the GM Heritage Center where it now resides and is on display.

http://wiki.gmnext.com/wiki/index.ph...n_World_War_II

Please let me know if the link doesn't work or if you need some kind of security password to view.

K
The album is still in my hands, GM just scanned it at high res and the scans are in the hands of heritage ctr, GM photo archives etc.
That book was nowhere to be found in any GM archive till I found it at Salvation Army Store in Pontiac MI for five for a dollar and brought it in.

I had the picture of the tanks enlarged to 24x36 and mounted on foam-core and then sent the mounted pix to a lot of GM executives including Lutz and Jim Queen who are the Corporate reps to the GM Diversity Veterans group.

Thanks to Bob and Jim for their continued support of GM veterans and NG & Reserve employees too.

=====================
There are 10 types of people in this world"
those who know binary and those who don't
========================