View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
I highly Doubt many folks who would actually "drive" their cars would install NOS spiral shocks.
Ever heard of Delco Pleasurizers?
These were created to replace the 1 way valve piss poor spiral shocks.
The repop spiral shocks are nearly identical ( minus a date stamp) and even have a warning that they suck for daily use.
Technology has been at gas charged dual valve shocks for a while.
Spiral shocks ( same exact part number) were used on a whole lot of GM cars, besides F bodys. I posted the parts manual on this a couple years ago, with highlights.
Spiral shocks, NOS or used are museum pieces, OR just conversation pieces.
Ok, thanks for this.
I have heard of them, but since I have understood them to essentially be an accessory part, I don't know which ones are purported to be for my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
I have no knowledge of the part #'s, etc., but I will tell you this from experience. The reproduction spring ring battery cables are NOT exact duplicates of NOS or original ones. The reproduction ends are bulkier and simply bigger. I questioned the maker of these (M&H Electric, IIRC) years ago when they first came out. They told me that if they made them exactly like the originals they would crack and break the first time you mashed the springs together to install them. Evidently the lead was so much better back in the day.
Thank you VERY much for this;
I had not heard that.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)