View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
I wish you success and hope that you find it. Based on pictures, my concern would be the amount of lower body rust present 20 years ago and the odds of it being a survivor today.
It's definitely a concern. My hope is that whoever Dad sold it to saw all of the new stuff he put in and saw potential in it. It'd be so much easier if Dad kept any paperwork, but hey, how was he to know, right? Lol. This isn't the first time I've hit a roadblock searching for an old car of his. Tried to find an '84 Bronco he had when I was a young kid (long story as to why and how, but the gist is I saw it on craigslist 5 years after he sold it and that led to me daydreaming about it), and it ended up scrapped. That one I wanted to buy, but expected that, seeing as it was just an old truck to most. This one I just want to reconnect with, hence why I'm not really going all out on it, but I feel even with its' issues it's more likely to have survived being that it was a modified classic car even by 2000, albeit not to the levels the first gens were, I'd assume.