View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 08:29 PM

Exclamation SOS (Save Our Strip) Atco Raceway

Just wanted to bring it to the racing community's attention that Atco Raceway is in danger of facing the same fate as Englishtown-Raceway Park; being turned into a parking lot. An auto auction corporation from Chicago area/Illinois is proposing to purchase Atco Raceway IF they can have the land use repurposed to suit their needs by Waterford Township where Atco Raceway is located. Waterford Township is having a public mtg via Zoom on 17 Feb at 7PM (link below) and this land use change proposal for the property that is currently owned by Atco Raceway is on the agenda. I'd like to get anyone who is willing to call in to the zoom meeting on 17 Feb to please do so to show their are plenty of interested parties that do NOT want an auto auction/parking lot instead of Atco Raceway.

http://waterfordtwp.org/waterfordtwp...ublic-notices/

For anyone with the spare time to call in on 17 Feb, I would very much appreciate it. You don't have to say anything really, just be a show of support for 'not turning Atco Raceway into a parking lot'. If this group effort does nothing else but to stall the auto auction's legal move, perhaps they would move on to another property OR a buyer could be out there for the track that would continue to operate it as a track.

For anyone also willing to file a formal public comment on this matter, I've got a call into Waterford Twsp's Planning Dept to confirm the proper place on the NJ Pinelands Website to file this and will share that ASAP.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to do either of the above! Any questions, let me know via PM/email.
Thanks,
Chris

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)