Thread: th350 question.
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

I bought a 81 turbo parts car, got the TH350 lockup trans, but no engine (thankfully).
I had a TH350C in my old 67 Bel Air, my first car. Bolted right I place of the original glide. This all sounds silly. I had the 283 properly built by a local engine builder. It got all good parts.
I wanted to put a 700R4 trans in it. He talked me out of it. This was likely the early 90's...
He had been pulling TH350C's out of oil field pickups and install I got TH 400's.

He built me a nice lockup TH350. I had to install the brake switch used on cruise controls, so the converter would unlock with brake applied. There was a vacuum switch that I installed in line with the brakes switch, I unlocked the converter at full throttle.
My TH350C allowed me to cruise at 350 RPM's less....I liked it! Of course my engine builder did a great job on the trans! Wish he had not moved and changed his business focus.

I no longer have the old Chevy, but still have the engine and trans. Still have the Pontiac trans too....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...