Thread: GMC Yukon
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default GMC Yukon

So my Yukon has developed an interesting problem. When you start it up from being off and sitting no matter how long it will only blow semi cold air out of the AC vents. As soon as you get the truck moving and I mean even if it’s only 100 feet it immediately starts blowing out that good old GM arctic air. Blows cold as long as the truck is moving and for a very long time after you stop if you have to wait in the car while your wife runs in the store or something but after about 20 minutes of idling the temp goes back to just semi cold. Any ideas? It’s more of a nuisance thing than anything else but it’s just an odd problem to me. I’m beginning to get an intermittent knock from the AC compressor so I know it’s gonna have to be replaced sometime soon or at the very least refilled with oil but that’s not too much to ask of a 2001 Yukon that still has all its original parts and has only seen gas oil and filters in 356000 miles. Any ideas about the semicool air?