View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
Not sure (??) I love the whazzooo stuff, I do. But it dawned on me yesterday. My car can do something many many cars there couldn't or wouldn't..... I have one I can take on the two hour drive around the big lake here. Kinda like my next modification(s) to my one car. It will be what they used to call "Grand Touring". Comfortable / powerful / able to drive cross country and it be effortless, fun, somewhat refined, with AC on (getting old here). I am even threatening to put a (correct) luggage rack on the thing (ok maybe not). It really gets down to what you want out of a car.
Agree and have been a longtime "Grand Touring" fan also. You bring up another hidden point that when you exercise your car on an extended trip it runs better and seemingly holds up better w fewer deterioration (dry rot) issues than when short tripped, minimal use.

Often find new "issues" when ours haven't been run through their paces for extended periods. One of the things needed these days is roadside repair kit w (as appropriate for make/model) points, cap, rotor, spark plug(s), ign. module, fuel filter & gasket, paper towels, hand cleaner, tools...cause as they've aged the simple repair parts are often not on the local parts store shelves...