View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

boy, i sure did love reading these posts, and the stories sure brought back some memories for me! i lived just north of detroit--just a few mins north of pontiac..and as a teen in the 80s, i was a car nut as were all my friends. we used to cruise winchester mall in rochester, and cruise lapeer sometimes too. i have a buddy that lives in sebewaing and i used to drive up there in my 82 cutlass and we would cruise town all night..meeting girls, drinking beer and watching races. back in lake orion where i grew up, the gm plant on brown road was marked off for a 1/4 mile and there would be 30 to 50 cars lined on the side of the road to watch the big boys with nitrous wring it out...hell, even the gm security guard would watch! i loved to cruise--you would meet up with friends, meet chicks, find a buyer and just drive fast with the windows down. but alas, that was the late 80s early 90s. the world has done a 180 since then. nothing is the same-there is no thrills--car shows are alll seniors and a few middle aged guys now and all sanitary..hell, back in the day at the waterford kmart every car that left did a hole shot--today they wont let you back in the show if you even squawk your tires. im sorry to say it but todays world sucks. plain and simple.