View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default New Coil-over Supsension Modifications

After going to the chassis shop, I stopped by Global West Suspension. Doug and I spoke about their new long travel coil-over suspension kit for my car. They do not have one for the '73-'77 A-body, but due to the fact that I have my frame at the chassis shop, which is only three miles from them, Doug was interested in creating a kit for this chassis. I will not be able to afford the Penske shocks, but I will most likely be running a QA1 double adjustable coil-over. This kit uses a longer shock which will allow for more overall suspension travel. I stole a picture from another web post in order to show the set up. I will have the ability to run a traditional coil-over spring with a huge amount of rates to choose from. We will determine the rate later. Doug knows I want to keep the ride intact so he suggested to start around 600# or so. The car is a tank even with the LS7 installed. I will be selling my existing QA1 coil-overs in order to afford this latest decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29aqvpi.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	263822  

1973 Pontiac Grand Am ERL built 430 CI LS7, Brodix STS BR7 heads, Magnum T-56 6-speed, Modulare 19" wheels, QA1/Global West/Speedtech suspension, Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes. BMW Donnington Gray paint. All wrapped up in a Hurst Pontiac tribute theme.