View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 10:41 PM
Boost Engineer

The Government made me a perfect engineer in that Emissions job.

Ford was fined for cheating on the emissions and Mr Ford had to pay 7 million dollars and do the whole emissions certification over.

The history is in documents if you care to read them.

So they hired me as one of the guys to recert the vehicles.
You play games you go to Levenworth for 15 years, after Ford fires you.

So in my case we signed off on everything. Senior Engineers signed off on OUR work.
Management at World Headquarters signed off on their work.

Triple Inspection deal.

You don't go to prison when you screw up at NASA and get people killed.

Big incentive to pay attention to the job and follow the procedures.

So yes, You can call Bull**** and not know a thing about the subject.

The rest of your post is just envy because you never had to do anything perfect the first time out of the chute.

Tom V.

We had a card signed by Henry FordII that said basically Do what this person asks you to do, if you have questions about this here is my phone number. If you don't under stand, I will explain it to you. Do not think HF-II was ever called on that phone number.
I did show the card to a UAW guy one time when I was taking parts out of a plant.
He raised a stink, I showed him the card, He HELPED me carry the parts to the truck I was using to get the needed parts for a test.

You don't have a clue, guy. I ran a aluminum flywheel for 95% of the miles on the vehicle and never had an issue.
So why did you have an aluminum flywheel issue?

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 03-28-2020 at 11:30 PM.