Thread: 1965 Radiator
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Specific Man Trans Radiators (no oil cooler, no plugs) were released for the '64 A body but IIRC, they were not released until well into the year. The KC and Baltimore built PHS records will identify the specific Rad Code installed. Even after the release of the specific Man Trans Rads, some Man Trans builds show the Auto Trans Rad code on the PHS record, others the Man Trans code and it appears random once the Man Trans Rads existed.

For Service, Pontiac only listed the Auto Trans Rads for the A body in the Master Parts Catalog so my assumption is, you could not get a Service Replacement Man Trans Rad.

I have not studied the '65 Rads very closely. I know the codes are listed in the MPC. Would be pretty easy to check if there were any Man Trans specific Rad codes.

Point is, there would be absolutely no surprise if a Man Trans build got the Auto Trans Rad. But Man Trans specific Rads may have existed and perhaps found on some '65 builds, They definitely were done that way for '64.

Possible that the same happened in '65. Check the MPC and see if there were specific Man Trans Rad codes (and related p/ns) for evidence.

I always imagined that the Man Trans Rads were released in '64 because they could save a few pennies building Rads without the oil cooler. Seems at least plausible that the same logic would have been used in '65.