View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 10:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I never wore a seat belt until I got two seat belt tickets on one day ! Stopped for speeding during the day and got seat belt ticket instead. Stopped at night for not coming to complete stop at red light and again got seat belt ticket. Ever since that day, I always wear a friggin seat belt I just read the story and the accident does look more survivable with a seat belt. The spot on Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) highway (near Lake St in St.Catharines) where Tim crashed used to have a more severe bend and has since been given a more gentle bend. I did not know the Ontario Provincial Police Officer that investigated the crash was Mike Gula. Mike Gula investigated an accident I was in on the Garden City Skyway in St.Catharines. Mike was super nice to me and very professional. Mike Gula was tragically killed in line of duty in 1996 when his vehicle was sideswiped by pickup truck while conducting a traffic stop. A bridge over the QEW (nearby where Mike frequently patrolled) was named in Mike's honour , http://curtiswalker.com/roads/on/QEW/page12.php.

Last edited by pippintook; 03-03-2024 at 10:29 PM.