View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 08:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer

I hope everyone and an nice Passover Seder and Easter Sunday.

Seriously, Deigo? Is this a test? LOL...Franz still doesn't know. But he does get several emails from you and I understand from your publisher. Franz did tell me you are now interested in his Corvettes. Did I pass the test?

Deigo I really I can't believe you actually quested if he knows George Delorean...LOL Franz sees George almost every weekend at the Woodward Garage along with "Win" Brown, from the original Ace Wilson's Royal racing team in 1959. Don Morton from Hurst Corp and many more guys you may have read about in magazines from the 50's and 60's. There are many others from the original 1950's "High End" that began on racing James Couzens, it became the John C. Lodge Freeway. The service drive remained James Couzens. Then moving with the population and freeway expansion to the bub's High End Club moved out along Northwestern Hwy on out to I-696. Lodge becomes Northwestern Hwy then I-696 splits off of it to head to Lansing.

I believe I posted a few pictures of some these guys early in this thread celebrating the late Joe Riggerilleo's 80th Birthday gathering we had on a Thursday night. Best known in magazines for his Rousch Gapp built silver Mustang II.

The Thursday night gatherings no longer happen. Mostly due to these guys have night vision problems. REALLY. So now those able, gather at the Woodward Garage.

While Franz dealt with George in the early 60's I didn't deal with George Delorean until I had to in 1969. George bought the Ace Wilson Royal Racing Team and it's inventory in April 1969. Sam Frontier, Ace Wilson's parts mgr had me go to George for any HiPo stuff.

News flash too Diego. I had worked out with the late John Z at Franklin Racquet Club on occasions.

Heck maybe you even heard of Gil Kohn. Before his illness got to him these last few years he'd be there too. In case you never heard of Gil Kohn he used the family money to start Detroit Dragway which opened in 1959. Gil went onto either own or manage over a dozen of the nations drag strips.

Me going to the Woodward Garage would be like being with my father and his friends. Average age is about 85+.

Now on a more important update. At breakfast Saturday, before Franz went onto the Woodward Garage to, he told me there is an up coming board meeting at Mercedes. He hopes to have word about Paul Goldsmiths '63 Tempest in a few weeks.

I'll let you know as soon as Franz tells me...

Last edited by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer; 04-17-2017 at 09:27 AM.