View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
What was your deciding factor in going LS?
I drive my car a lot and I drive in different states. I was looking for reliability and ease of getting parts in case of a break down. I never had a problem with the Pontiac engine, it never left me stuck, but nothing on the Pontiac engine was Pontiac, look at my signature. Everything was aftermarket like valve train and so forth. So, As hard as it is to get stock Pontiac parts, aftermarket are definitely not happening without online order(possible hotel stay). I mean you can't even get a water pump or intake/exhaust gaskets at a local parts store anymore (without at least a warehouse run). I figured with an LS I would have a better chance getting off the shelf parts. Granted not much is "stock" on the LS either but factory parts almost always interchange. I hope what I'm saying is making sense.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars