View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 02:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer View Post
Just signed on and saw the last couple of posts and I had to chuckle. Yes, the Black Bird is still for sale with some of it historic parts. It has become garage art and needs to go to some one who will appreciate it's history.
Wareagle mentioned "Beating the Fastest Hemi 7 Times etc." I had wanted to only mention the last race when the car was under Frankie's ownership. Mostly to save arguments. Along with a couple of articles that have surfaced with comments by the late Tom Hoover about why he retired his '66 Coronet. {Tom said something to the fact he retired his car to concentrate on Addison's car to beat a Firebird.}
I read Wareagles' post to John Politzer, "Beating the Fastest Hemi 7 Times etc". John laughed and said "more like beating Addison 10 times".
"Fast Freddie" Forman is always getting in anyone face when he hears that Addison was never beat. Then he says, how about all the times that Jim Wangers' Black Bird beat Addison. Fred came after John Politzer and Frankie and drove some of Jim Wangers' street cars, including the red Monza on the streets with it's heavy NOS.
I was hoping that someone beside myself would pipe up about the Black Birds accomplishments. I do not honestly know how many times any one was beat. But everyone was always improving their cars. Many moved onto all new cars or just moved on with life.
Thank you for the opportunity to post. Take care
10 Times > That's even Cooler Eric - Here's a cool pic of Rick Mahoney's 9.9 Sec. F.A.S.T. Stock Racing 68 Firebird RA II 510 ci. > Keeping that Pontiac Spirit Alive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1RA11510ci9.9.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	515889