View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike nixon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuart:
My long departed '71 Catalina two door hardtop had a 400ci 2bbl engine and automatic, power steering and brakes, A/C, pushbutton AM radio, vanity mirror on passenger sun visor, floor mats front and rear, a vinyl roof, cloth seats, and a trunk lid release button in the glove box. I think that's it...it was a pretty average car, nothing special or weird. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

had one that was a twin to this one in options.
tan int /vinyl top with an aztec gold ext. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine had a tan interior, dark brown top and tan paint (don't remember the exact color names.) My dad bought it when I was in high school and drove it for many years, then I bought it from him and used it as my winter beater until one of the brake lines rusted out . By then the frame was almost ready to break in half from rust as well, so that was the end of that. It was a great driver, right up until the end. I wouldn't mind finding another one some day, just for nostalgic purposes.

From what I've read, they built a handful of full size Pontiacs in 1971 with manual transmissions (three on the tree only, and then part way through the year they dropped the manual transmission option altogether.) I wonder if there are any of those still left, I imagine they were all base model cars sold to old farmers.