View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 11:39 AM

Default June progress

Joe is continuing to collect and assemble the vacuum and emissions for the engine. The lates "needle in a haystack" is the EFE, heat riser valve for the driver side exhaust manifold. There IS a difference between an automatic v 4 speed application. Evidently the 4speed has the vacuum pod and valve mechanism at 9 o'clock (front side of engine) and the automatic has it at 3 o'clock (backside of engine). I am trying to refinish the air cleaner assembly. I get close and then a run hits or some debris from the sandblasting blows out in the wet paint.

Well, it appears I am going to have to bump up the quality of the restoration now? I had Craig "Norwood" Ehrlich refinish the hood latch assembly. Holy smokes!!! Thanks again Craig!

I have primer on the new core support, need to continue on it. Sending the radiator out for a recore is on the list but I am seeing $$$

The original owner, Albie, sent me a text last week that he stumbled upon a box of pictures he found in his parents house that had some pictures of the blue car! I waited a week and finally sent him a text back that I needed a sneak peek, please! The pictures are a scream to look at but unfortunately the quality is pretty poor. As you can see, he lived on his family dairy farm and the car had a lot of dirt and gravel driving in it's life. I am guessing this is one reason why it is rust-free! I can't tell for sure, but am thinking that is a collection of dirt on the rear outer spoiler, yikes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hood latch 1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	613605   Click image for larger version

Name:	hood latch 2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	613606   Click image for larger version

Name:	79 Albie old school pic.jpg
Views:	163