Thread: Judge Pics
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 06:41 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
Has that car always been in North Carolina?
No. That was Connecticut were I am originally from. Paid $350 for the car and slapped an expired plate on it, drove it home from Rhode Island to Connecticut very gently as it had no mufflers, and the ex-wife followed me in our 1967 GTO convertible. The original engine was gone and it had a 1972 250HP 7k3 head engine. It was a wide ratio 4-speed car. The body was rust free, but had a few dents and the interior was good. I always thought it was "saddle" in color like a horse saddle, but I think that was wrong. Pepper green with the original reflective stripes that I thought were cool at night when lights hit them. And to add intrigue, I clearly remember the square decal/sticker on the door that said Canada and thought it odd, but didn't know enough about the cars in my early 20's - it was just fast and I liked GTO's. I think the previous owner got rid of it because it had a charging issue and took me about 3 months to finally find - a broken wire inside what was a perfect looking out casing. It was in the engine compartment and figured the wire got pinched when the engine was changed out.

Believe it or not, the '72 engine was fast in that car. I eventually pulled the engine to install in the '67 convertible as its engine developed a rod knock. The second photo is the car minus the engine/trans in my back yard. I sold the car for $400 to a man who said he was going to restore it. The $400 bought me my first set of torches/tanks to do autobody work.

The photo is my GTO lineup looking out my apartment at the time window. 1970 Judge, 1965 GTO convertible shell, 1967 GTO convertible daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06 - GTO line-up. 1970 Judge, 1965 Convert (shell), 1967 Convert.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	535433