View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Out of the approx. 28 1965-1967 GTOs that are in the collection as of today, only 3 are hardtops. 4 of them are 65 converts. 3 are autos (red/red/white top, cameo ivory/gold/white top,nightwatch blue/blue/white top) The 4th is nightwatch blue/blue/white top, 4 spd,tripower. This vehicle was bought in the mid eighties and #s matching was not that important. I have not run a phs on it, so I do not know for sure if it is a true tripower. I will be going to the warehouse in a month or so and I will get the vin#. Also I had said I would post pictures of the collection back in Sept. but getting to the warehouse during this winter proved to be impossible. The weather is finally breaking and pictures are on my to do list. I did come across pictures from the 1980s as the collection was building, so those pics will be posted as well. My fathers 1st new car was a nightwatch blue/blue/white top 4spd,tripower. I think because of all the stories and good times my father told me about that car and era as I was growing up, is where my obsession for these cars came from.