View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think many of us are going to be competent in cast iron metalurgy before this is finished...I was pointing to the splayed design likely being better, but also not likely the sole cure in the occurance of a main saddle separation. This condition/occurance can be inside a engine running just fine on 4 mains which is definitely not a good thing.

I'm not an expert in Metalurgy, but do consider myself somewhat of an expert with racing engines. After the last three or so weeks of observations, phone calls, discussions, it still isn't completely known to me that a 131-160 brinell number is usafe(tho I am really leaning that way), but it can easily be agreed upon that a 207-225 brinell number is considered the correct ballpark for G3500 material. Spoke on the phone with Ray Cox last night, what he and several others just did for the Spidels cannot be overstated. The last few days have raised my concern level beyond waiting to know all the reasons.

Anyone racing a MR-1 should stop and do a brinell test/4th main saddle inspection before running again.

-Rob

WWW.ICTCengines.com

Last edited by Rob; 11-11-2006 at 03:36 PM.