View Single Post
Old 05-05-2000, 11:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great Idea for this topic! I have learned a lot. Most race cars are stolen with the tow vehicle attached. I am installing a car alarm in my trailer with a internal battery that will be charged when towing. None of the wires will be external. Hooked or not hooked - it will work. I had small locks that where easily cut from the tongue so the bull-dog coupler lock is the way to go. I also have the trailer at my house where it is chained to a tree with a motion light next to it. A friend of mine has his trailer chained to a cement footer he poured that has a recessed o ring for a heavy chain to attach. I have a hidden fuel pump switch to my dually when I travel that has kept my car safe on the road. Insurance is still the way to go. Theft is one thing - but fire is another. I did not get paid until I submitted a title - thank God I had a title. - so have a title or chassis cert - some kind of document of ownership. Save receipts! I have to dig up receipts for the tools and generator etc to get paid for those items stolen - A major pain! Make sure when you drop your trailer/car off for inspection/repairs or anywhere at a place of business - it has insurance for fire and theft. At least if you don't have insurance - you are still covered under the business's.

East Coast Pontiac engine builder - still going strong
4 month waiting list
email spotfam@verizon.net

1981 Trans Am 455 w/6X heads 4 speed 4 wheel disc (for sale)
1969 Trans Am clone 9.79 at 139 so far
1964 Banshee clone project - Opel GT platform