View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Wow
Had no idea you were going through all that with an engine.
Sorry for all that bullshank

Was it a decoy engine or the #'s engine
What type engine is in it now ?

i remember when you got that virgin patina survivor Pattern 4spd Judge.
lil' Judge Jr. probably won't need a child seat to go riding now
Wow, great memory Baron! Yes, that baby is 9 years old now!

The first two rebuilds of the #'s matching 400 were done by a local engine builder. The first motor went 75 miles and burned up the exhaust valves. Might have been my fault as I reused the old lady's exhaust system which could have been restricted.

Second motor, same builder, lasted 10 miles. I just knew it wasn't right from the start. Had a lower end knock, like a piston slap. Sure enough, when Paul inspected it he indicated the pistons were undersized for the bore. Also, the cylinders had been machined with too course a stone. Paul said the rings had 100,000 miles of wear in 10 miles.

So now its motor 3.0. Had to go .40 over to clean things up unfortunately, but 450 HP on the dyno. Gain is from Dave's head and intake work, and Paul's magic.

It shouldn't take 9 years but I have zero room in my two car subdivision garage and two small kids. Now kids getting older, a little more time to work on the car. Can't let another 9 years go by however, life is short, I'm 55, not that many 9 year periods of time left.

Attached is a picture of the baby now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kaleb at 9.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	539054  

Last edited by getmygoat; 05-03-2020 at 04:00 PM.