View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand73Am View Post
That "relay" only makes it so you have to turn the ignition key on for the windows to work. It's not needed. So you can remove it, or leave it and bypass it. Doesn't matter.

The photo below shows the black connector that was plugged onto the relay. The pink wire is the wire that goes to the power window switch. The orange wire is the wire that goes to the 30 amp fuse on the upper left side of the fuse panel. The pink/black stripe wire goes to the ignition switch and is not needed anymore.

There are a several easy ways you could wire it. In my picture, I made a jumper wire to connect the pink wire to the orange wire in the plug. That's the jumper wire covered with electrical tape. Or I could have cut the orange wire and the pink wire and connected them directly together either by splicing or using crimp-on insulated male and female terminals. Or cut the pink wire and extend it straight to the fuse panel and plug it in where the orange wire is plugged on the fuse panel. They all work...just your preference. So, that's the easy way to get your windows working quickly.

This way the windows will work anytime, without having to turn the ignition key on. That's the way power windows used to work in earlier years anyway.

001 by grand73am, on Flickr
So just pluck these two wires (pink and orange) out of the back of the plug in the harness that goes to the relay and join them and I'm good to go yes?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2127.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	515562