View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDirtRoad View Post
Where did you buy the Zolatone. And how long ago?
I was told by numerous sources it’s no longer made

Believe it or not, I bought it from Ames back in 2014...they no longer carry it.

I was worried that it would have gone bad but just finished spraying it and it looks very good, I am quite pleased.

The can had a Zolatone label and part # was ZT-20-TS02 which is black/aqua. As others have mentioned, Parts Place seems to sell the same product under their own brand as PP-20-TS02.

Even though my can was almost 6 years old, I gently stirred it according to the instructions (very important, follow them!) and did not seem to have any chunks after I mixed for 5 minutes.

I used a Vapor HVLP gravity fed gun with 2.3mm tip at 60 PSI for the sheer coat. I had a few issues with it clogging but that cleared up after a while.

I then opened the spray valve and lowered the pressure to 30 PSI and sprayed the pattern coat.

It was a good idea to spray black epoxy first, it really helped the Zolatone hide well.

I used almost a full quart, I have maybe 3 tablespoons left over and what I used was enough to do the trunk, back of the back seat frame, quarters/wheel wells, and 3 sides of a 16"x16" subwoofer box I built.

I am sure that a quart is enough for an A body trunk provided you spray a black epoxy under it first.

It is very difficult to capture how dark it is, my camera makes it look gray but it is definitely black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5637.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	528849   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5638.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	528850   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5640.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	528851  

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...