Thread: Pontiac Heaven
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Guess I'll be the first to speak up at the risk of getting the party started in the wrong direction.

You didn't miss anything John. For the Sunday Pontiac only engine event, only about 10 cars participated in the racing part of the event, and maybe 20-25 show cars. The place was virtually a ghost town, 3 individuals selling parts at the swap meet, no big name vendors that I saw, and the pits were just....well.....empty.

Hardly worth the 2 hour drive for me. But I was happy to see Mike and Paul whom I haven't seen for quite a while.

Even talk of cancelling the event after we had gotten through the gates, and they momentarily stopped other entrants at the gate and were talking refunds to those already in. I don't think the track officials liked how things were being ran, and took over the event at the last minute. Something about a poor car count, and I heard mention of complaints that Pontiac engines haven't been made in 35 years and changes needed to be made to increase the car count., etc etc....

On a brighter note, I did hear that Saturday was a nice turnout with all models of muscle cars participating at the Nostalgia Muscle Car event that filled the pit lanes.

I thought maybe the weekend before Christmas could have been to blame for Sundays poor turnout, but the turnout on Saturday squished that thought. The weather was absolutely beautiful as well. Low 60's and sunshine.

While I appreciate the Pontiac Heaven event and what Steve is trying to accomplish on Sunday, I have a feeling it's on the way out. I only hope things can be patched up, maybe some rules changed for the modern day we live in, and participation increases.

Last edited by Formulajones; 12-19-2016 at 10:33 AM.