View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 08:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Chiphead,
This is a roller cam motor with a stock valley pan. I believe the windage tray is stock. Maybe Paul would be able to give a little more information if he sees this post. I plan on taking off the intake and valley pan off this weekend. I'll make sure that I don't clean it and I will take pictures and post them.

NeighborsComplaint,
The motor was built with the existing roller rockers that were in the KRE heads when I sent them to Paul. 1.65 rockers were there before and I replaced them with Crowers 1.65. There were marks on a few of the rockers that appeared to be witness marks from the poly locks that seems too short. Once we started the car with the Crowers, it made the same noise. The loudest location of the noise is coming from the area of the flexplate. After speaking to some guys, I now understand that the sound could just travel and be released from there.

JLMounce,
I did notice that as well. The car was not idling great because it was cold and the carb does need some tweaking. So I don't know if the sound difference came from poor idle. I'll find out this weekend.

JSPONT,
There were some marks that valve cover but it seemed more like machine grinding. Not that I have any experience identifying witness marks but HWYSTR455 thinks it's certainly a possibility.

"QUICK-SILVER",
Hey Clay. Your rockers are getting delivered today. I just checked the tracking number. Let me know when you get them and I'll let you know when I get the check. I don't remember what rods Paul used for this build. I'm hooking everything back up this evening and going to start the car again. I'll have my buddy do the test with the timing light.

Just to let you guys know...Paul has been outstanding to deal with. He has a great reputation and he's been in constant contact with me. He feels bad about this but every text he replies back and every call he picks up. I have no regrets at all with him.