View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The pot is called a dashpot, and it is for kicking up the idle on deceleration on the automatic trans cars, such as when coasting down on an exit ramp. I've been told it's needed to prevent stalling. I'm in a similar spot to you right now, reinstalling all of my A/C components but i did a full frame off so all of that stuff i have removed and rebuilt. Chances are pretty good that you have a bad vacuum motor or two. That one in the picture on the blower case usually dry rots inside from all of the underhood heat. That one under the hood controls whether the blower air is drawn from inside or outside the car .Check and make sure it holds vacuum. The vacuum motors in my picture are the ones that control where the air blows out inside the car. Not being snippy, but i will point out that the valve cover on the driver side is on backwards if you care. I just put mine on and found out after i got the RTV on and bolted down. Had to take it all back apart and re do it. I've your kickdown switch on e-pay, usually around $100 or a little more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190321_193620.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	530838  

Last edited by Cardo; 02-01-2020 at 07:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cardo For This Useful Post: