View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, I swiped some of these pics off the Pontiac Drag Racer FB page.

These are supposedly some Pontiac powered cars that are at the div 2 race, in Fla.

I say "supposedly", because Byron does not like it when anyone posts anything on his site that is not Pontiac powered. These last 2 cars I know nothing about.

The Vent has a Chevy bowtie on the side. But, it looks as if it sorta has the beginnings of the bird emblem, added to the bowtie. I'm talkin about the bird emblem used on the 1st gen Firebirds.

I could understand that modified bowtie, if the body was a Chevy, but the engine was a Pontiac. But, since the body appears to be a Ventura, & has Pontiac power, I see no point in the Chevy bowtie.

So, if that car has Pontiac power, somebody please explain the bowtie to me.

Hey it's really NOT my business what engine anybody runs in their car.

But, I mention this for 2 reasons.

(1) I try to limit my Pontiac powered racing threads, to vehicles that actually have a Pontiac V8 engine in 'em. Sometimes I get the engine wrong, especially with the GT cars. I appreciate it when somebody lets me know when I post a Chevy powered car, or when I fail to post a Pontiac powered car. I have nothing personal against any racer. But, I just choose to report on Pontiac V8 powered cars only. I did run across some old OHC six powered Stockers recently. But I don't think anybody is currently running one in Stock or SS.

(2) Some of the guys on that FB page will call you out, if you post something that does not have Pontiac power. And if brought to Byron's attention, he'll usually delete any pic & info about the car. So, I'm just givin ya'll a heads-up on that. Might save somebody some embarrassment and/or hard feelings.

So, anyhow, here's the pics. For you guys down at that race. Please take pics of the engine bay of all the Pontiac powered cars there & post 'em here. Hey, I know racers can get busy at races. But, there are probably some ladies in the Pontiac group that wouldn't mind going around to the Pontiacs & taking pics. Keep in mind, there are thousands more Pontiac fans here, than at the race. Many of us would like to know what's goin on at the races. Most of the time, all we get are DRC results, the next day.

Hey, ya'll share the racing experience with us, PLEASE ! With today's modern technology, there is really no reason not to, unless nobody in the whole group is willing to make the effort to do it.

Good luck to all Pontiac powered racers at this race, and for this entire season !

If I have any names wrong, somebody please post the correct info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Laurel Morris .jpg
Views:	244
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	530881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kevin MacNicol .jpg
Views:	309
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	530882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tankersley Cars .jpg
Views:	236