View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It would be nice if someone from the Pontiac world stepped up to bat and had Hylift Johnson do a production run of the a-0951s. I can get the “s” slow lifters for Mopars, I think top line made a special production run for one of the bigger mopar builders. They are very expensive for a flat tappet cam but I don’t know of any lifter that comes close qualities wise. I think next best is a Rhoads v max or v pro and tighten the lash down to quiet them up. Not all engine have adjustable valve terrain though. I have one build here that is not adjustable, I have big cam in hft bracket engine I am going to try some Johnson race hft lifter. Not Hylift Johnson, the other Johnson. See what they do. It should turn to 7000. Lol, maybe it will, maybe it won’t. It has about 250* @.050 and is 397 cid.

Overall I like the solid flat tappet cams with the edm oiling. I had Bullet do a sft yesterday for an engine. I asked what the range was for setting the valve lash. It was .018”-030”. Pretty big working range. If the lash works itself out of that range the engine would likely be roached not matter what type cam it had.

I don’t mind the Delphi lifters on something mild. I won’t run a Eaton any more unless there are no other options.

Last edited by Jay S; 06-11-2020 at 10:55 AM. Reason: edit