View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark, my wife is an RN, she also feels that there is mild beginnings of dementia, but also at close to 97 YO it's somewhat expected too.

We have changed the diet and she has gained back some of the weight, wife has her on high protein foods, fish and high in healthy fats, supplemented with Boost shakes. Her diet is good at this point. My mother wanted to be in charge of what she ate so we have given those choices to her. We have noticed that she isn't adhering 100% to the diet prescribed and she knows if she starts losing weight again we will take charge of her diet again.

The doc has prescribed Remeron which is an anti depressant and it's not working as good as hoped for. We were at the docs last week and she was talking about adding another med to the Remeron. All the people that have talked to my mother agree she has a definite case of depression. I have dealt with depression myself and believe the depression could have gone on for decades. My mother and I have not gotten along well since I was about 12 years old, mental illness, or bi polar condition, is also a possibility.

It's a delicate balance all the time and yes she probably hates my wife and I, 50% of the time. It's akin to raising a child, you're not looking to be their friend. When my daughter told me she hated me, I knew I was doing a good job...…………

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated