Thread: 455 HO FORUM
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO Kenny View Post
I can remember going into the dealership to get parts for my 68 firebird. Even then (79)many parts on this "old" car were NLA No Longer Available. I had heard romours that they threw stuff out. It was hard to believe that the parts I could barely afford one day were thrown out the next.
A friend who worked there said that engines that came in for warranty replacement were busted with a sledge hammer no matter what was wrong with them.
When I found out that they made front fenders again, I bought a set. That was in about 82. I Still have them in boxes.
Ken
My HO back then was a 350HO
we were supposed to "break" the engine blocks but most were just taken on fork truck outside to a big metal pile and sat there. For a while we had a pile of chevy "quaker state oil" blocks out there too. After a while, GM sent blocks only and we did a rebuild right there
We had a few Pontiac engine complete minus carb due to oil leaks, and one HO had a knock.