View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 10:46 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2=421 View Post
Has anyone actually used one of these? Guy has a new one in box for sale, not sure how they work but they look very cool.
A story on the Barry Grant Tri-Power System. I think I am the only guy who ever ran the BG system on a Pontiac.

Quite a few years ago a PY member bought a New Barry Grant intake system for a Pontiac.
He posted up on the PY Board that he was having trouble getting some bolts to go into the mounting holes so that the intake could be used.

He posted up pics of the intake and a PY member "BGTECH" worked with him to get a different intake even after the member butchered up the 1st run intake from Barry Grant.

(It took three tries before they got one that I could use but BGTech did his job.)

All that being said, Robert Williams (RIP ROBERT) bought one of the intakes (no carbs) and I built him 3 carbs that flowed 1100 cfm vs the Barry Grant SB Chebby carbs that flowed 250 cfm each. I do not think that Robert ever actually ran his BG Intake on an engine.

If you do a search on BGTECH you can read all of the threads about the intake.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.