View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it's just to center the blade on the shaft, the washer can be thinner than the blade. In fact, that's what you want. As long as it's not thicker than the blade, you don't need a cup washer to hold the blade on. A flat washer will do just fine. That's what I have holding the Diablo on the Kobalt.

But, if the adapter washer is thicker than the blade, you'll either need a cup washer, or rig it like I did, using 2 washers. The hole in the bottom washer must clear the hole in the blade. Then the 2nd washer holds the bottom washer down against the blade. Not as neat, but works just as good as a cup washer. That's how I held the Renegade blade on my Kobalt.

Speakin of that Kobalt. I gave it & the Diablo blade a good workout today. Ran a 2.5Ah batt down, & part of another.

There were lots of scrub bushes growing up thru the engine compartment of an old milk truck. Cut 'em all with the Kobalt. There were also a couple of sweet gum trees growing beside the truck. One was about 4" and the other 6". Cut those down with a 40v Kobalt chainsaw, with the original Echo 16" bar/chain.

Cut the gums into smaller pieces with the 12" 40v Kobalt saw. Then cut the tops & limbs with the Diablo/Kobolt. Hey ya'll, that little front motor 40v Kobalt with the Diablo blades is a mean little sucker. Anything up to 1 1/2" is easy. Just for kicks, I made a couple of cuts on 2" plus stuff. Had to cut on both sides. But it was not a big problem.

Swapped out the Ryobi brush attachment for the string attachment & did some weed whackin. Did good. Got into some thistles. They were real juicy. I haven't installed the string guard yet. Was gonna try to go without it. But, I was hit with too much stuff ! Gonna install the guard.

When I got back home I put all 3 Kobalt 40v batts & a Ryobi batt, on to charge. The lights were all blinking on & off. After taking several pics, TJ finally got one showing all 4 lights on at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MT1 - Bushes .jpg
Views:	25
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	558730   Click image for larger version

Name:	MT2 - Milk Truck .jpg
Views:	31
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	558731   Click image for larger version

Name:	MT3 - Diablo + Kobalt .jpg
Views:	29