View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Senior Chief

Glad to see you over here. I communicated with you on the HAMB. Here is a photo of a 58-60 Bellhousing to show the motor mount mounting holes on either side of the transmission bolt holes. It allows you to bolt a modern GM manual trans up to any 55-60 Pontiac engine and works with any 55-58 Pontiac chassis.
I'd rethink using the original stick pedal assembly unless you plan to get rid of the original 55-57 clutch linkage. It's a nightmare! All the pivot points [and there's a bunch of them] are a simple rod-through-a-hole setup and the metal-to-metal contact of those joints will wear. After about 6 of those pivots wear, it's damn near impossible to get a good clutch adjustment. I know, I fought this problem with my factory stick 57 pontiac as long as I owned it.........several times disassembling the linkages and welding up the holes, welding up the rod ends and grinding/drilling back to original specs, only to do it all again 20,000 miles later. I'd use a hydraulic throwout bearing if doing it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60pontbellhousing.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	383480   Click image for larger version

Name:	60pontbellhousing1.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	383481