View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 06:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not that its recommended, but some of my cars will sit for years between runs. Good, Non-ethonal fuel is a must. Have always been surprised how well they will run. Been doing that for about 14 years now. First time I left a car sit for more than a year, I thought I was going to be rebuilding something, but was pleasantly surprised. I think the key is the fuel not going bad & then the storage location being climate controlled helps possibly more than the above. not so much heat, but keeping the humidity away. Bad things happen over time, but I would not think in 6 months. My 79 T/A has not been started in 5-ish years. Was lightly fogged beforehand. That car Still has orignal exhaust on it & I would rather risk a fuel problem than putting condensation through the pipes too often.

about 12 years ago, a friend & I pulled a parts car out of storage that was in a semi-open shed for about 10-12 years. fuel smelled like turpentine, but just for grins we threw a battery in it & dumped some fuel down the carb. not only did it start but we drove it on to the trailer. But, the brakes had failed, so that part was a little sketchy. It was stripped for parts, so I would not have tried that on any other car that had a future.

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA