View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

While Mark is a nice guy and certainly very knowledgeable about how to make these cars handle properly, it appears that he doesn't have the organizational skills necessary to successfully manage his company's orders, he's too busy or both.

I dealt with this when I ordered my stage 2+ kit as well, but not to this extent. I purchased the bars separately from summit and the lower control arms I picked up at SPC since I'm only about 40 minutes away.

Like you I couldn't get in touch with Mark via phone as he's usually on it with other people. I also didn't receive responses to several e-mails. Unfortunately I had to resort to the threat of a chargeback. I contacted my bank to see if that was an option, when they stated it was, I gave a call and let him know that I needed some solid communication, or the parts on my doorstep, or I'd have to chargeback and use a competitor.

I had a call the next day, and parts shortly after.

When I decided to complete the setup with lower control arms, after finding out SPC is local to me, I was able to coordinate with SPC on it so I knew they had parts available. That forced Mark into having to put the order through right away. I picked them up a couple days later after SPC built the parts.

SPC is altering some of these parts a bit for Mark, but their uppers and lowers are readily available from summit for the F body and A body cars. The stage 2+ system uses a .9" tall ball joint which is available easily through ProForged. That joint is fine for street use and mild track use. If you're doing high speed stuff with R compound rubber, I wouldn't use it.

What this means is you can to an extent build mark's packages from off the shelf parts. The 2+ kit also comes with a tall tie-rod end to correct bump steer. If the car is primarily street, you may not notice it's absence.

That gives you some options at least to consider.

I've hesitated to comment in this thread, because I believe in letting an individual and a company figure out their issues without dragging anybody through the mud. But at the end of the day I also know what it's like to have money out of your pocket and getting the run around while you have no parts on hand.

I would still encourage you to correct this issue with Mark directly instead of airing it out in public, but I do think you're going to have to be a bit more forceful at this point to see action.