View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 07:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I run about 4' of 3 1/2" pipe to 3 1/2" Pypes Race Pros with turn downs before the axle. No crossover or X pipe. It runs .06-.08 slower ETs in the 1/4 with the mufflers on. I have it set up to drop the mufflers quickly. When I drop the mufflers, it leaves 24" of pipe as collector extensions. Previous exhaust was 2 1/2" Flowmaster system and it killed the ET and MPH! Have you ran yours with the exhaust open
No, I have not run it open, nor do I intend to, which, is why I'm asking the questions about pipe diameter and mufflers. I run brackets so, the car's going to run what it runs on any given day so, I don't feel the need to get every last ounce of power. Plus, being I still drive it on the street, it makes it easy to leave it as is.
So, if increasing the pipe diameter to 3.5" and find the best flowing muffler helps me, that is the path I'd like to go down.

According to the Dynomax chart that ponjohn posted here, looks like I should be running 3.5".

Thanks guys. Hoping to see a few other opinions on actual change of muffler manufacturers also.

2009 HPP Magazine P2 Class Winner Englishtown, NJ

69' Firebird
492 CI E-Heads, 3.73's Street driven
Best - 10.21 @ 128.98