Old 10-01-2020, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Front Pinion bearing M88048, race: M88010
Rear Pinion bearing (big one): M802048, race: M802011

Carrier bearing (2): LM603049, races: LM603012
C-clip axle bearings (2)... 5707
axle seals (2)...National 8660S

Pinion Seal:
I use Ratech 6109 pinion seal on 12bolts & occasionally order Ratech's side shims & solid pinion spacers. Locally avail National 8460N pinion seal can be used, but upon installation, you MUST make sure not to fully bottom out the pinion seal, instead, leave a little less than an 1/8" all the way around the flange of the seal & the nose of the housing, if not, the pinion seal will be too deep & the pinion seal area will leak.

I've never used master installation kits with a bunch of thin carrier shims. Typically, for carrier installation, I use a proper thickness factory cast spacer on LH side (have a huge selection) & a GM service spacer & thin shim (or two) on passenger side of the carrier bearing race. Part number for the GM service spacers for 12 bolt car & truck carrier was discontinued (bought 40 of them years ago before disco'ed). Same diameter service spacer now has a GM part# under the 8.6 10 bolt truck application but cost is over 5 times the price of what I bought previous part under. Just another big Thank You to Gubbermint Motors & another reason my extended family doesnt support GM with vehicle purchases.

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 10-01-2020 at 09:51 AM.