View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey, thanks for the links !

That 1st one sounds interesting. But, when no pics are posted, that's usually a bad sign.

I've talked to the guy in Ark. It's another one of those unfinished resto deals, with a 403 engine.

Most of these are just what I've been finding. They're either unfinished restos, or clean but above my budget, and/or don't have a Pontiac engine.

Because of this, I've decided to forget about the "street" part & just look for a strip only car. A decent roller will work OK. Can usually save money buying something that has recently been racing & includes most of the race parts I'll need. It usually takes longer & costs more to start from scratch, with a street car.

There are always guys quitting racing for some reason or other. There is probably a good deal out there. Hey, I bought a '74 455 Ventura bracket car, back in '08, for around $4k, including shipping. With the addition of a Summit mini starter, it was race ready. Ran 7.30's on our local 1/8 mi track.

Would like to find something similar now. But, I have a 455/TH400. So, all I need is a good roller. Prefer a '77-'78 Bird, with RU windows. A '76, '79-'81 Bird will work. Can also use a Ventura, with 8.5 or better rear, '72 or older A-body, '78-'80 A-body. I might even consider a '73-'77 A-body. Don't really like their looks, except for the Cam-Am. But, they do have an 8.5 rear, and might be cheaper.

I also like the '77-'78 2-door Cats & Bonnies, like this Ebay car. But, most of the shipping quotes are between $1100 & $1200. Would like to find this kind of deal on a 2nd gen this clean.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Pontia...d=113156935261

I've noticed that Bob Michael is now racing a '77 Cat Stocker. Guessing it is a model similar to this one.