View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
They wouldve ended up with some canted valve head crap! PMD wasnt married to inline valves and 4 bolt valve cover! That was done for cost and packaging, why should we be stuck there??
The Warp6 heads are badass. I wish i wouldve gotten them!!
Then you would not have a Pontiac either really. You would have a Pontiac bottom end with all its problems AND a Chevy/Ford head on top.
And to date, has any NA Warp single 4 engine even produced more Power than Mikes? High Ports have not yet.
It seems the only thing they (Warps) are good for is you do not have center ex with the head gasket issues. Is there any more power to be had with a Pontiac ?
And you have guys like Langer/Rex and Snyder who have all made more with their Tigers.
Until they make more power than a freaking E head what is the point ? What you have right now is some guys with real light cars putting down numbers.
It seems its all about bore spacing. I do not hate the Warp head. just not my thing. And I love all the stuff KRE brings to the table. Nobody brings more.
Besides, if you wanted some canted valve heads to put on your Pontiac you should wait until John M gets done with his. There is another Pro Stock style Pontiac head in the works too. Canted everything.
I know a guy doing a high end NA Pro Stock style build. He had the chance to go away from a PMD style head but chose a new PMD style head because he wants the respect of doing it. So I am not the only one who thinks that way.

And, have you figured out the gazillion dollars it is going to take you to get a head with no chambers ect where you want it. Then have warmed up to the idea of Warps ? Tiger IIs are cool, still a Pontiac.

I am not saying the Warps will not beat the NA numbers of the other heads. Just have not done it yet. But I do think it is interesting. And shows just how good a engine Mikes was.