View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For some reason someone pulled the frame mounts off of the car. Fortunately they were in the trunk. The mounting hardware was missing so I supplied some coated grade 8 bolts to do the job. Bonneville\Grandville and Catalina\wagons used different frame mounting points, the rear set is for the Bonneville and the front set is for the Catalina. Which also makes the frames different as the mounting points for the crossmember are different (further back in this car) and the fan shroud\radiator mounting is longer.

The guy I bought it from bought it from a guy who bought the car for the engine (and tranny) for his Trans Am naturally. When he stripped it though, he didn't cut anything. The cooler lines for the transmission are still there and not ruined, the harness isn't cut at all, and no broken bolts or damaged holes anywhere. Someone obviously cared about the car at one time but it has sat for at least 10 years. The rear driver's door and front passenger door are frozen and the hardware to operate them is broken as a result. The latch assembly and rods will all have to be replaced once I can get them open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ins-engine2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	538611   Click image for larger version

Name:	mounts-found.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	538612   Click image for larger version

Name:	mounts-done.jpg
Views:	191