View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I had a '71 Catalina two door hardtop for many years - my dad bought it when I was in high school, and I bought it from him. It was a great car, but eventually the rust from too many Minnesota winters killed it.
Yup! These are really nice driving cars. I've had multiple wagons for years and they really are nice. I love the 4 door lines too, the 2 door cars always looked strangely long to me while the 4 doors look just right.

This car has had undercoating applied to the floors and frame at some time in the past, it's flaking off but where I see the actual metal it's in good shape. There is one small spot on the rear floor pan with a dime sized hole, which means the rest of the floors probably have some pin holes too.

I have a set of power windows in the shed I'm going to install for this car too!

My motivation for getting it running is two-fold, I'm losing my house due to loss of job AND I'm relocating across the country for a new job. A runner is a much easier car to move than one that doesn't, especially on the giant hill that is my house.