View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The common PUI headliners are shipped rolled up but not tightly in a box. Summit had the best prices when I bought mine, they have free shipping over $100 and I think I recall the oversize charge was only $15. Was still much cheaper than any of the catalog or website type firebird/pontiac sellers, which is usually the case for most of these parts from weatherstrips to carpet & headliners, summit sells the same PUI or OER parts as other places.

Mine wasnt rolled tightly & layed out flat within a day or 2 out of the box, take it outside in the sun for a couple hours & it will lay flat... but it does have a slight curve on the back sides to fit to the roof better. Havent installed it yet, plan to do that this season. Factory cardboard with new material glued is the best option though if you can get a good cardboard liner or save yours.

I used the 1 piece PUI ABS with perforated vinyl for my 72 since I didnt like or want to mess with teh original bow style headliner, PUI sellls a "early" 73 headliner that does not have the seatbelt cutouts for the ealry 70-73 cars but has correct cutouts for later 73-81 cars.