View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Suspended

I haven't seen any of those NY dudes in years. I hang out with Anthony, the owner of the power blue 64 GTO in the magazine. He said Nunzi needed a car for the magazine article and got Anthonys old 64 out and cleaned it all up. for the magazine shoot. It sat for 10+ years in an old garage. Anthony didn't even know if it was still there. He said it was well hidden by the dirt lol..
He says he hasn't seen anybody since moving to Pittsburgh. His health is going. He can't stand up straight. This guy was a NYPD cop, then he ran the mass transit system here in Pittsburgh. They are all very interesting people.

I heard Herb Adams was fired from GM for intentionally deleting the intended defects into the seventies mid-sized cars frame, chassis and body molds. GM didn't want the Chevys riding and handling better then there Caddys, Herb thought they would be happy making a car that rode and handled so well.
I remember driving my brothers brand new 70 GP 455 4 speed. That car handled like no other car. The 69 to 72 Pontiac Grand Prix used the 68 to 72 el Camino #1942 frame. That was proububly was one of the best Pontiacs ever made. I remember driving my brothers 70 GP on the highway with one hand resting on the top of the wheel going 120 mph. That car had a 12 bolt 3.08! That 455 had brute torque with that 068..