View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1969 GTO JUDGE convertible Frame off Show car

First time offered for sale in over 25 yrs is this 100% Real and PHS documented Judge convertible. Purchased a little over 25 yrs ago from Steve Ames where a 5 yr no expense spared restoration was completed in 2000 with over 100k invested. The car was then put into a climate controlled building for the next 19 yrs covered up and never shown because the owner was afraid to drive it anywhere after spending so much time and money on it. Shame the car was never enjoyed .
It's a complete numbers matching car with "born with" engine, transmission and rear. There was only 108 GM made 69 judge convertibles built with only 29 automatics and this is 1 of 2 made in Expresso Brown. Like I said Original YZ block, with VIN# stamped on it Original PQ coded turbo 400 trans and 355 safe-t-track rear with its XH code. The car is museum quality and over restored with even the floors being painted Expresso brown. Not 1 stone unturned with the complete drivetrain all rebuilt. Lots of NOS parts were used along with Gardner exhaust right down to an original set of Goodyear Polyglas G70-14 Whitewall tires on the original date coded JA rally ii wheels. I did alot of the work and oversaw all the parts used and sourced most everything used.. The restoration is almost 20yrs old but still shows fresh and I feel would do well at a concours show.
I was taking it to the Mcacn show next week but have decided against it because of timeline. Shame I really wanted it in the class of 69 celebrating the Judges 50th anniversary this year.
Please call 267-246-6903 if you or happen to know someone looking for a trailer queen Holy Grail Gto Judge. The car is too nice for me as I like to drive and beat the snot out of my cars. Its being offered for 125k or best offer. Interesting musclcar trades with cash will be considered..
This car belongs in a museum or someone's collection. Definitely for the serious collector. I'm only going to post a few pics here first and then try a few other venues. Thanks for reading this long winded description.