View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 05:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Interesting that Len hadn't previously built the shortblock at .030. Remember you & I chatting about the cam choice, as usual choice of Len's was the Melling RA4 & Rhoads lifters.

Not sure if I mentioned it years ago, but that particular X7 shortblock (maybe complete longblock), I pulled out of a 78 Y88 car, along with it's original T350, 3.23 rear, gold tops, & bunch of other pieces. Was frustrating as in over a decade, it was the only cool car that I couldn't get whole out of 2 local Pick-N-Pulls. A few months before it came in, the long time mgr quit & the scrawny little counter guy that was never made mgr (but thought he was) ruined many a working relationship with several of us that bought a ton of parts, ESP core parts that usually got crushed.
Roger,

Now that I think about it, I think Len was the one to do the .30 overbore. It has been a long time since I thought about this. I remember when I told you about the Summit 2801 you said, "I would lose about 60 horsepower not going with the RAIV cam". The XE274H put the 60 HP into the engine. It has about 380 or 385 at this point.

I remember you told me the X7 block came out of a junk yard in OK along with the other things you mentioned outside of the little counter guy.