View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And an LS2 (364 CU in) will beat the pants off of the 364 SBC given the same treatment, so what's the point here? I've owned an LT1, and an LS2, no comparison between the 2.

If you're going to criticize his build, why not offer up what you think he should have done instead, not just put him down.

The unported Speedmaster heads are a copy of the Performer heads anyway, why are you surprised that they have nearly the same capabilities given they're copies.

Then you compare a bone stock set of Performer copies that were designed 30 years ago, with the only update being a different combustion chamber in the last 30 years. How many updates have SBC heads received in the last 30 years? By your post, the Trick Flow heads were also ported, and the "as cast" Speedmaster heads came up short, big surprise there...... If the OP had a set of ported tiger heads I'm betting his results would have been very different.

A 410 sprint car engine naturally aspirated will make 950 HP, a 360 sprint car engine makes over 700HP, kinda makes your SBC look puny, doesn't it. But it runs on methanol, has 15 to 1 compression, 8 stack Kinsler fuel injection with 8, 2 11/16" throttle bores, and about every SBC innovation there is incorporated in it. Apples and oranges here, the man posted his results, why attack him?

Tom S made a 301 stroker from a 3.75 crank in a 301 turbo block, made 475 HP without being anything radical, or a max effort. Right there with a 364 SBC.

Over the years I've beaten SBC, and BBC by the dozens, how'd that happen? Grown men claiming I'm cheating because their chevies can't possibly be beaten by a lowly Pontiac Stratostreak engine. I was protested almost every week I raced, never found a thing where I was cheating, because I wasn't.

No matter how fast you are, someone else can, and will be faster. It takes money, and time/work. People get discouraged when someone attacks their efforts, I see no reason to attack the OP. BTW I believe most people here know it's easier, and cheaper to get power from the chevy platform, no news flash. The Pontiac owners choose to do it differently than everyone else, that's not a bad thing.

If I were the OP, I'd never post any dyno results here, ever..............

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: