View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Glad (?) to see the used car buying experience hasn't changed.

Been a few years since I bought a car. I went with my son to look at and drive some used cars and settled on a Certified, Pre-Owned Nissan Maxima at a local Nissan Dealer. Dealer would't budge a dime on the price and offered my son $500 for his 97,000 mi Chevy Cruze. I got up and walked out. In all honesty, that Cruze is a POS with hail damage, front door smacked in and a crease in the rear quarter across the wheel well and into the other door. As we walked away, I told my kid "Book is $4350 in fair condition. Nice job taking care of your investment."

I called the dealer the next day and got him up to $1200 on the trade and told my kid it would take $3,000 to make the Cruze presentable so take deal and be happy they even took your trade. The whole time I'm thinking "You poor Maxima, you have no idea the abuse that's in-store for you." lol

Now the fun begins. My son is at work so I run interference and go to close the deal and get it written up. Bear in mind the ad for the car says "Nissan Certified Pre-owned Vehicle $xx,xxx.xx". Dealer has it typed up with the advertised price of the car and and an addition amount of $995.00 for "Buyer's Assurance" right underneath it. I asked "What is this for?" even though I knew that was just BS and he was trying to make up the trade allowance. The Sales Manager says "That is our cost to obtain the Certified Rating and Warranty from Nissan".

I looked at him and said "Your kidding right? He shakes his head no, so I asked "Do you like magic tricks?" He gave me a puzzled look and I said "Close your eyes and count to 10 and I will make myself disappear." I got up and walked out, again.

Last edited by NeighborsComplaint; 04-21-2021 at 05:49 PM.