View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 12:11 AM
Senior Chief

My recent dealership car buying experience( 3 cars in the past two years, 1 new and two used) is you must walk away three times. They will call you back each time if they have your number tell you to come in and offer the car for less. If you tell them you found another car cheaper than theirs and are willing to be patient after a few days of this you will get them to their real bottom line.

Also working at the end of the month when they want to make an extra sale that month helps too. This worked when both car dealers where the used cars were bought said they price to sell and would only take a small amount off the asking price and don't haggle. The reason I was at the dealer was the advertised price was very competitive.

Cars bought
Used Kia Sorrento bought for my daughter a month ago was listed $21,498 bought for $18,500 off a Toyota dealer lot. Used BMW 335 for my wife 2 years ago, listed for $32,900 bought for $30,200 after having them repair some window tint, change the oil and detail the car again (Honda dealer lot).
New 2019 GMC Elevation bought Oct 2019 MSRP $63,500 bought for $48,300 at a local GM dealer.

I'm in Alberta Canada to explain why the prices may seem high to all you US buyers

Last edited by nas t eh; 04-22-2021 at 12:17 AM.