View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks guys! Definitely my dream garage and man cave. I had it built by a contractor/friend and my wife and I did some of the work too. That was in the year I retired back in 2008.

Been working on the GTO a bit every day and took just took some photos of where I'm at now.

I'll show a few issues to deal with but they are pretty minor.
I don't think I mentioned before that there was one minor hole in the floor in the front p/s corner where it meets the toe board. It was caused by a leaking heater core. I could tell in the seller's photos that it also damaged the body mount bracket attached to the firewall. As I suspected, I think it will be better to replace it than try to repair it. It isn't a big deal to do when the body is off the frame. The hole in the floor isn't a big issue either. I can make patches for that easy.

[IMG]https://www.hotrodders.com/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=192 0,fit=scale-down//media/img_1851-jpg.109589/full/IMG]

I didn't know this until now but will be a pretty easy repair. I will remove the brace to make the repairs then weld it back on.

Looks like someone cut an access hole in the p/s inner fender. I'm guessing it happened when the heater core was replaced. The seller told me it was a prior owner that had it done. Simple fix.

Looks like someone enlarged the slots in the bumper braces with a blow torch. I guess to help in trying adjust the endura bumper?

Anyway, all this work told me even more that I've got a very solid car. Absolutely no evidence of any collision damage.

Last edited by roger1; 10-16-2020 at 10:03 PM.